Sunday, July 30, 2006

In The Beginning




This is the barn, situated in a beautiful village in Northumberland in the North East of England, where I will be producing a range of furniture and accessories made from vintage finds across Europe. I will ,with the help of other local artisans, be producing what can only be described as true eco chic.

Too much is thrown away these days. I pass skips full of people's junk some of which can easily be renovated and turned into something stylish and functional. This made me decide to start this business.

Shabby chic is OK but there is so much of it about that is actually new. My pieces will have a history and I will endeavor to record that history with each piece and pass it on to the new owner.

Over the next few weeks I will be posting the progression of the barn conversion and any new pieces I begin to produce. It will be a journey I hope we all will enjoy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home