Sunday, August 27, 2006

Things I Have Touched

On finding some things I cannot help but give them a new lease of life. These Sliding Cupboard Doors, that are on two walls of my cottage bedroom, were installed in the 70s and were crying out for some TLC. So I painted them with sky and clouds and stone columns with ivy draping them. Now when I lie in bed I feel as though I'm on a balcony in Italy.
The branches are used for Coat Hangers and a Curtain Pole. One left au naturel and the other painted matt black.
The Old Tin Chest was rusty and half the paint had come off, it didn't look like Shabby Chic it just looked shabby so I gave it a coat of matt black paint and now it sits in the lobby full of wellies and boots.
The old Terracotta Roof Tiles were fixed with 2 plant pots and put outside the cottage window to hold ivy plants.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home